Students who wish to present a paper at a professional meeting within the United States may submit a travel request to the Graduate School. The following guidelines will be used in considering all requests:
- Preference will be given to doctoral students or students pursuing the terminal degree in their discipline (MFA or MLA). A request from a master’s student will be considered ONLY if the department does not offer a doctoral degree.
- Applicants should be reporting results of their dissertation or thesis research and should be the primary author of the publication or presentation.
- The meeting or conference must be of regional or national importance.
- Approval of travel requests will be limited to one trip per student per fiscal year.
- The student must possess a minimum GPA of 3.50 based on at least five semesters of full-time graduate study at UGA.
- The student cannot have any grades of Incomplete (I) or unsatisfactory (U).
- Funding will not be provided to students employed as instructors or classified employees.
- The applicant must be in one of the following categories: (a) registered for full-time graduate study during the semester of his/her travel, (b) doctoral students admitted into candidacy (minimum 3 credit hours), or (c) a thesis-writing master’s student who has satisfactorily completed all required courses (exclusive of 7000 and 7300). If a student is traveling between semesters, he/she must also be in one of these three categories during the semester following travel.
For a complete list of guidelines please visit: http://grad.uga.edu/index.php/current-students/financial-information/travel-funding/
|Travel Dates||Request Deadline|
|Oct 1- Dec 31||Sept 9, 2016|
|Jan 1-Mar 31||Dec 9, 2016|
|Apr 1-Jun 30||Mar 10, 2017|
|July 1-Sept 30||Jun 9, 2017|
Each request, submitted to the Graduate Coordinator Assistant (office 113A), must be accompanied by the following:
Copy of abstract
Copy of acceptance letter
Copy of Travel Authority Form completed (leave account numbers blank)