Lei, Man Kit (Karlo)
Athens, GA 30602
706-542-2421 (office) • karlo [at] uga [dot] edu
- M.A., Sociology, University of Georgia 2010
- M.A., Sociology, National Taiwan University 2001
- L.L.B., Economic & Financial Law, Minor in Sociology, National Taiwan University 1999
Selected Honors, Awards, and Grants
- 2012 The Best Graduate Student Paper Award. Evolution, Biology & Society Section, American Sociological Association
- 2011 B. O. Williams Award. Department of Sociology, University of Georgia
- Beach, Steven R. H., Man-Kit Lei, Gene H. Brody, Ronald L. Simons, Carolyn Cutrona, and Robert A. Philibert. 2012. “Genetic Moderation of Contextual Effects on Negative Arousal and Parenting in African-American Parents.” Journal of Family Psychology 26(1): 46-55.
- Simons, Ronald L., Man-Kit Lei, Eric A. Stewart, Steven R. H. Beach, Gene H. Brody, Robert A. Philibert, and Frederick X. Gibbons. 2012. “Social Adversity, Genetic Variation, Street Code, and Aggression: A Genetically Informed Model of Violent Behavior.” Youth Violence and Juvenile Justice 10(1): 3-24.
- Wu, Chyi-In, and Man-Kit Lei. 2012. “Deviant Peers and Delinquency: The Influence of Classroom Context.” In The Psychological Well-being of East Asian Youth: From Early Adolescence to Young Adulthood, edited by Chin-Chun Yi. New York, NY: Springer.
- Simons, Ronald, L., and Man-Kit Lei. 2012. “Enhanced Susceptibility to Context: A Promising Perspective on the Interplay of Genes and the Social Environment.” In Handbook of Life-Course Criminology, edited by Chris L. Gibson and Marvin Krohn. New York, NY: Springer.
- Simons, Ronald L., Man-Kit Lei, Steven R. H. Beach, Gene H. Brody, Robert A. Philibert, and Frederick X. Gibbons. 2011. “Social Environmental Variation, Plasticity Genes, and Aggression: Evidence for the Differential Susceptibility Hypothesis.” American Sociological Review 76(6):883-912.