The Graduate Faculty conducts annual reviews of each student through the fifth year in the graduate program. These reviews typically take place in March. Students will be reviewed according to the guidelines established in the Satisfactory Progress Policy (Appendix F or F1 for all students entering the program after May 2014). Students are responsible for constructing a dossier for faculty review. The dossier should include the following items:
- Statement of Accomplishments a statement of no more than 3 pages outlining progress in the program and plans for the immediate future
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of papers that have been published, accepted for publication, or are under review. A copy of the M.A. thesis should be included if the thesis has not yet been submitted for publication.
- Letter of support from the major professor (no more than 2 pages)
- Compiled course evaluations for those who teach their own courses.
As a result of this review, the Graduate Faculty will recommend one of the following:
- Continue in the Graduate Program,
- Continue in the Graduate Program with Conditions, or
- Dismissal from Graduate Program